Do you need assistance from a roofing specialist? Whether it’s a roof replacement, repair, or inspection, hiring excellent workmanship is crucial to keeping your family safe. Otherwise, you can risk enabling damage to your roof and paying for costly repairs.
Contact Viking Contractors LLC to get your roof revamp started, or keep reading to learn more about how to choose a roofing contractor and their offerings!
Types of Roofing Specialists
There are two main types to consider:
- Independent Contractors: If you want the same roofer throughout the installation process, an independent roofing contractor can help. They are especially equipped to handle smaller projects.
- Roofing Companies: A roofing business is more accustomed to large projects than independent contractors, is experienced in various roofing materials, and is usually covered by manufacturer warranties.
Types of Services Offered by Roofing Specialists
You can categorize a roofing service by the building type:
Residential Roofing Services
Homeowners can hire roofing contractors for the roofs of their homes, garages, and other residential buildings. This type of roofing project is typically less complicated but requires quality work.
The common roofing materials for it include:
- Asphalt shingles
- Cedar shingles
- Slate roofs
- Ceramic roof tiles
Commercial Roofing Services
Commercial roofing services are dedicated to restaurants, shopping centers, and commercial properties.
It’s usually more complex than the residential type, and involves working with:
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO)
- Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM)
Industrial Roofing Services
A roofing contractor reserves this service for industrial applications, such as warehouses and factories.
The common materials are:
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO)
- Modified bitumen
- Thermoset roof membrane
- Built-up roofs
- Metal roofs
- Spray foam
Offerings From Residential Roofing Contractors
As a homeowner, you should understand the various roofing projects and choose the one that can accommodate your needs.
Here’s a quick overview of each type of roofing project:
You should hire a roofing contractor for inspections at least twice a year (preferably during spring and fall) and after storms. During these assessments, specialists evaluate the state of your roof, including roof vents, gutters, and attic ventilation.
Roof maintenance goes hand in hand with inspection. After all, it’s a project in which a roofing contractor inspects your roof, conducts routine measures, and takes care of minor damages.
Here’s what you can expect during the process:
- Visual inspections of the roof and attic
- Identifying damages to the roofing structure and minor issues
- Making minor repairs
- Applying a maintenance coat
- Cleaning the gutter and roof
A roofing repair can be anything from fixing a minor leak to a deteriorating area. A roofing company can identify the damage source, determine its extent, and conduct the needed roof reparations.
Damages that call for this service include:
- Missing or broken shingles
- Missing nails and cracks
- Poor ventilation
- Gutter damage
Roofers perform restoration projects to revive your old roof when a repair doesn’t suffice. It protects it from future damage and enhances its sturdiness.
In this case, a roofer can provide:
- Extensive roof repair job
- Debris removal
- Pressure washing (to remove mildew, moss, and buildup)
- Shoveling (to remove snow and ice dams)
- Treating the roof with protective and filler coats and seals
- Painting with an airless spray
If the damage is beyond repair or the roof’s lifespan is almost over, you may be due for a partial or total roof replacement.
Roofing contractors specialized in replacement can help you choose the most similar style and material to your old ones to get your roof replaced.
Despite being costly, removing and installing a roof can save you repair costs in the long run. The process can include:
- Shingle, roof, and underlayment removal
- Securing flashing and all roof penetrations
- Roofing membrane installation
- Insulation replacement
- Underlayment and new roof installation
High winds, storms, and natural disasters cause immediate damage to your roof. These emergency roofing repairs require a crew to act fast so customers can get their lives back on track.
What they do exactly depends on the damage extent, ranging from minor fixes to a full-on roof replacement.
How to Choose Between Roofing Companies
Choosing quality roofing specialists ensures the work unfolds professionally. This criteria will help you work with only the best:
- Experience: Make sure the roofing contractors have the experience needed to install your roof material. Most roofers will know how to install asphalt roofs, but that isn’t the case for natural slate, cedar shake, and clay tiles.
- Insurance: Understand what type of insurance they have and its coverage. The best are general liability and workers’ compensation. Also, ask if the manufacturer’s warranty covers the job.
- License: The roofing company should be licensed to operate in your area, as this can offer you some legal protection and assurance the person has the right skills to fix or replace your roof.
- References: A roofer or service with plenty of references is typically committed to delivering top-notch quality. Your roofer should provide two to three references at least.
- Budget: A roofing specialist should be willing to offer you a free estimate (depending on the roofing job you need), which should help narrow down your options.
Roofing specialists exist on a spectrum, but whether you choose to work with a contractor or a company, it’s crucial to check whether they have the necessary experience to address your needs.
Most importantly, you should assess roofers carefully if you want excellent quality.
At Viking Contractors LLC, our extended industry experience and professional knowledge help us restore damaged roofs swiftly. We can identify, evaluate, and provide full-service repairs, ensuring your satisfaction.
Contact us now for a free inspection.