Twin Cities MN
Hail Damage Roofers in Twin Cities, MN
Being a hail-prone area does not reduce the devastating effects of hailstorms in the Twin Cities, MN. Hailstorms are more than just a nuisance: they can cause severe damage to your roof and other parts of your house. Hiring a professional roofing contractor is needed to assess the damage and recommend appropriate repairs as soon as possible.
Viking Contractors, LLC, is a reputable storm damage restoration company that delivers top-quality roof repair and replacement services. We are also experienced in handling insurance claims and can assure you of a reliable, efficient, and worry-free repair job after a hail storm. Experience a hassle-free, premium quality roof repair job in Twin Cities, Minnesota, when you hire us.
What to Look for When Choosing a Hail Repair Service?
The best hail repair specialists do more than just patch the holes and make your roof presentable again. Rather, they will inspect the roof for potential problems, such as worn shingles, nail heads that need re-staking, and roof rafters that the hailstorm’s fierce winds have bent. If you choose a specialist who uses state-of-the-art technology, like Viking Contractors, you can expect a more thorough inspection and, therefore, more accurate results. Our team of experienced professionals will find weak spots that you weren’t aware of, such as rotten wood or a damp spot on the roof.
It is important to find a local hail repair company with a good track record, positive reviews, and enough experience to tackle any form of repair. Ask around, read online reviews and look for a company that has been in business for years. Also, do not forget to discuss your expectations. If you’re unsure what type of roof is best for hail, ask your roof contractor beforehand.
Finding Reputable Roofers after a Hail
While you may be tempted to call the first hail repair company that contacts you, you should also be aware of the potential for low-quality work or fraud. Finding reputable roofers can be difficult, but there are a few things you can do to help you find the best hail repair company.
- First, check to see if your state has an insurance fraud bureau. These organizations often have warnings about dishonest contractors, which can help weed out any bad apples in the bunch.
- Second – Contact your insurance company. They may be able to tell you if certain contractors are preferred by your insurer.
- Finally, look for contractors who have been certified by recognized organizations. Viking Contractors has a team of certified roofing specialists in Twin Cities to attend to your repair needs
Hail Damage and Roofing Options
When it comes to roof repairs after hail, there are two basic types of roofing: shingle roofing and tile roofing. Tile roofing is best used in coastal areas and places with considerable hail. As for shingle roofing, hail specialists typically recommend several types of shingles.
- Standard asphalt shingles. These shingles are made of asphalt and are the most common roofing material. They are easy to install and the most affordable roof repair option.
- Wood shingles. These shingles are wood and are often used in log homes or traditional styles. They are typically more expensive than asphalt shingles, but they last longer.
- Slate shingles. These shingles are made of stone and are typically used in high-end homes.
- Metal shingles. These shingles are made of metal and are typically very expensive. While they are relatively durable, they don’t offer the same flexibility as asphalt shingles.
What Repairs Are Needed After a Hailstorm?
Before the hail damage on your roof is repaired, the specialists will have to fully assess the damage. Roofers may use tools such as ladders, probes, and spotlights to inspect the roof. This will help them find any weak spots needing repairs, such as a punctured roof, broken shingles, or bent nails. If the hail damage is serious, the specialists may need to replace entire sections of the roof. They may also be able to repair minor damage, such as broken shingles and bent nails, without having to replace the entire roof. Depending on the extent of the damage, the specialists may have to tear off the old shingles and nails to get rid of all the problems.
How Much Does it Cost to Repair Your Roof After Hail?
The repair cost after a hailstorm largely depends on the damage’s extent and the type of roofing materials used. While repairs may be less expensive than a full roof replacement, the cost can still be high. The good news is that homeowner’s insurance will likely cover repairs or replacement if your roof was damaged by a hailstorm. Viking Contractors’ technicians can inspect your roof and help you through the insurance claims process.
Here is a list of factors that can affect the cost of repairing your roof after a hailstorm:
- The extent of damage and type of repair needed
- Size and design of the roof
- Type of roof material
- Season – winter, summer, spring
How Long Will Repairs Take?
The amount of time needed for repairs after a hailstorm will depend on the extent of the damage. Generally, a small repair, such as patching a few shingles, should take less than a day. A full roof replacement will take longer.. Call Viking Contractors today for an extensive inspection of your roof to determine the damage’s extent and how long the repairs will take. With us, you are assured of the safety of your home and properties during repairs.
Call Us Today!
If you’ve just gone through a storm, there’s no need to worsen the situation by worrying about the damage to your home. Simply call us at (612) 567-5522 and we’ll schedule a free inspection to assess the damage and plan how to perform repairs in the most efficient manner. Also, if you would like to prepare for any such occurrence or have any questions about your home and its ability to withstand severe storms, feel free to send us a message through our contact form and one of our specialists will respond to your concerns as soon as possible.