St. Cloud MN
St. Cloud Hail Damage Roof Repair
In need of Hail Damage Roof Repair Service in St. Cloud?
Being one of the more hail-prone areas in the United States, a roof needing repair is a common thing for homeowners in St. Cloud will have to deal with. However, repairing a roof is less expensive than total replacement. A good way to prevent total disrepair of your roof after a hailstorm is to immediately inspect and recognize the signs that your roof needs attention and get the required care immediately.
Here are a few signs that your roof needs urgent care, especially after a hail storm:
- Missing shingles
- Shingle granules in the gutter
- Peeling paint
- Wet exterior or attic walls
- A beam of light in the attic
- Water stains on the ceiling
- Increasing energy costs
- Sagging roof
- Leaking boards
- Clogged gutters
These signs should not be ignored. If you are a homeowner in St. Cloud and have noticed one or more of these signs in your home, especially while inspecting your roof after a storm, contact Vikings Contractors today. We will send over our team of specialists for a thorough inspection of your roof for FREE!
Cost of Roof Repairs
The cost of repairing a roof depends on a lot of factors. However, no matter the factors involved, repairing your roof does not come very cheap. Depending on the type of roof and the damage, repairing your roof could be costly. An emergency repair will cost extra typically, and repairing a roof in the cold months can increase the cost as well.
The good news is that if your roof was damaged by a storm or other covered event, homeowners insurance will typically cover the costs with the only out of pocket expense to you is your deductible.
The following factors will affect the cost of your roof repair:
- Roof material
- Roof size and style
- The extent of damage by the hailstones and the type of repair needed
- Labor cost
- Time of the year
How to reduce the cost of roof repairs
Although not as expensive as a total replacement, roof repairs can still be a bit overwhelming since, most times, it is not an occurrence we plan for. Reducing this cost is therefore beneficial, and the following tips can help to do so:
- Do not delay. The problem with damage in your roof is that if not urgently fixed, it could lead to bigger and more expensive problems. One small hole in the roof can become a big gap. A leak can weaken your walls and roofing materials over time. To avoid overwhelming bills, do not delay fixing any problem with your roof.
- Regular inspection of your roof, especially after hail storms and heavy winds. This will help you detect any damage early and fix it before it becomes bigger.
- Check with your insurance company to know if your policy covers your repair needs, especially in cases of natural disasters like a hailstorm. In a case where the insurance company will be covering your repair costs, ensure that you use a contractor that the company approves.
- If the repairs can be delayed for a little while, wait until the weather is friendly as the demand is not usually as high as during the winter when storms cause a lot of damage to roofs.
Why do You need to hire professionals for your Roof Repair after a Hailstorm?
Inspecting your roof for damage after a hailstorm can be done without the help of professionals if you do not mind climbing a ladder and getting your hands dirty. Some other routine maintenance checks like cleaning your gutters and downspouts and checking for missing shingles can also be done by yourself. However, it is advisable to let experienced professionals handle these DIYs and any other form of repairs your roof might require, especially after a hailstorm. Here are reasons why you need to hire experienced professionals:
Attempting to fix your roof yourself greatly risks your health. You risk slipping and falling from the ladder, cutting yourself on the sharp edges of your roof, and many other risks. Hiring a professional eliminates this risk to your health, especially due to the unfriendly weather conditions accompanied by hail.
A thorough job that can prevent future damage:
Professional roof repairs are more efficient than doing it yourself. These professionals have the right equipment and tools to do the job effectively and, most importantly, without damaging your roof. This means you will save time and money in the long run by hiring them rather than trying to repair your roof yourself. These professionals can also detect any further damage and fix it immediately so as not to cause problems in the future.
Important Questions to Ask Your Roof Contractor Before Repairs
- How much do you charge for a thorough roof inspection?
- How long will it take to repair my roof?
- How long have you been a roofing contractor?
- Are you experienced in handling my roofing material?
- Are you a certified roofer?
- Do you offer any discounts or specials?
- Do you accept homeowners discounts?
- With my insurance, do I still have to make some payments?
- Is there any warranty on the repair service? What happens if I discover another fault after your repairs?
- How do I keep my roof in good shape after repairs?
We are committed to providing you with quality and reliable roof repair services. We are fully licensed and insured in St. Cloud and have been in business for many years. We are a local company that knows what it takes to provide our customers with excellent service from start to finish.
If you’re looking for a professional roof repair company that has been around for years and has established itself as one of the best options in your area, look no further than us!
Call Us Today!
If you’ve just gone through a storm, there’s no need to worsen the situation by worrying about the damage to your home. Simply call us at (612) 567-5522 and we’ll schedule a free inspection to assess the damage and plan how to perform repairs in the most efficient manner. Also, if you would like to prepare for any such occurrence or have any questions about your home and its ability to withstand severe storms, feel free to send us a message through our contact form and one of our specialists will respond to your concerns as soon as possible.